Ironically, medical science at that actual already know that between the diet and the healing process is a unity that can not be separated. Medical science also already know that unhealthy diet is also a cause of emergence of diseases such as beri-beri, mumps and thrush.
Indeed at that time not many scientific research done, especially on the influence of food for health and for the treatment of certain diseases.
An important benefit of nutrients as companions for patients recently realized after Dr. Linus Pauling a physician who is also an American chemist introduced the concept of treatment of ortomolekuler, i.e. the method of use of vitamins for accelerate healing.
Originally Dr. Linus using Vitamin C to prevent and relieve flu and cough. He later became interested in Psychiatry, ortomolekuler with the field and began to combine Vitamin C with Vitamin B complex (B1, B2, B12) to get a more powerful healing effect again. This method then became the forerunner to the emergence of nutritional therapy for the treatment of diseases and becoming increasingly popular.
Based on the agreement between the Committee on Nutrition Education, Agricultural Research Service, Department of Agriculture, Nutrition Program News, basic concepts of nutrition is as follows:
- Nutrition is food consumed to survive, grow, evolve and as a source of energy for activity.
- Whole body needs nutrients contained in a food
- More types and combinations of food that's more balanced nutritional diversity ensures
- There is not just one type of food that can satisfy the needs of the body to grow and healthy
- Each has special benefits of nutrients to the body.
- In General, one of the nutrients will give the best benefits when combined with other nutrients as supporters, and the reverse could probably do not work properly if you are in the environment nutrients that slow him down.
- How food handling can affect the number and quality of nutritional, safety, appearance and taste. Food handlers include, process plant, processing, harvesting, cooking until way into food that is ready to be served.
- Everyone needs the same nutrients composition, but different in terms of the amount, in accordance with the specific situations and conditions that affect them. The amount of nutritional needs determined by the factors of age, gender, body, activity and the condition of one's health.
Joseph Pizzorno, N.D., natural medicine expert author book Textbook of Natural Medicine and Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine describes how group work nutrition as medicine. According to him, the whole process depends on a functioning enzymes help chemical reaction process in order for the organs, cells can work well.
The better the functioning cells, the more healthy and strong durability of a person's body. For mikoronutrien it is required as a component of the enzyme, forming a barrier poison destroyer enzymes and as one of the cell's genetic improvement process that produces the enzyme.
Treatment with nutritional therapyNutritional therapy is needed to restore balance body function is impaired due to a lack of nutrients. This condition is usually caused by a poor diet and high stress. The disorder can be:
- A decline in the immune system that results in the body is easily affected by diseases caused by viruses, fungi and bacteria.
- Poisoning due to metabolism are less good, so it can happen to inflammatory bowel disease and inflammation of the liver.
- Disturbances on the system of anti-inflammation so that the body overreacting and appears as allergy symptoms.
- Hormonal disturbances, such as disorders of sexual function and complaints at the time of menopause.
- Experience premature aging of skin that look like wrinkled and graying prematurely due to stress is too high.
To cope with the disruptions of some nutrients that are widely used in the form of food supplements are.
1. Vitamin C
Vitamin C in the body is required for the synthesis of collagen, an important structural component of the blood vessels, tendons, ligaments, and bones.
Vitamin C is necessary for synthesis of carnitine, a small molecule that is essential to transport fats for conversion into energy.
Vitamin C is also a very effective antioxidants to fight free radicals, improves the durability of the body from the attack of diseases caused by bacteria, viruses and fungi.
Article: what is a healthy diet